Live update from my workplace

I've just received this call which i think i should share.

*phone rings.

G: Good afternoon, Bank of East Asia.
Mr.X: Good afternoon, this is Bank of East Asia is it?
G: Yes it is.
Mr.X: May i know is this is a foreign bank?
G: Yes it is.
Mr.X: Where is it from?
G: Hong Kong.
Mr.X: Can i speak to your HR department?
G: I'm sorry we don't have HR department here as this is a Rep Office.
Mr.X: I see, well I'll just get straight to the point.
G: OK
Mr.X: My daughter is studying her final year in Curtin University. She is the top 1%.
G: OK, congrats.
Mr.X: I would like to ask if there is any internship vacancy at your office.
G: I don't think so but i think i could pass you to the secretary for more information.
Mr.X: You are?
G: Gabriel, I'll pass the line now, hold on.

*pass the line to secretary...

Hello, your daughter is in the Uni and so what if she is the top 1%, if she couldn't make a call herself i doubt she could even work here. Kids nowadays even get their parents to find internship for them. Good luck kid, you've got great parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment