A helping hand

I've always wanted to do good doing good might not be as fun as all those sinful nature but it has its own value. Visit to Kenosis drug rehab centre next week was cancelled instead it will be replaced by a discussion for upcoming activities. We will be discussing about Harvest week where we will be having thanksgiving. I hope I could bring someone along, someone that i would like to thank and is willing to spend some time to know me and my YA group members. They are really awesome people.

Today was the day i took my 1st step, i don't care how people look at me because i saw this blindman in the trainstation although he could walk well with his walking stick but i went up and gave him a helping hand. He didn't expect that someone would guide him into the train when it arrives and get him a place to seat. He wanted to say thanks but he was so speechless all he did was nod and smile. He couldn't see but i smiled back to him. It caught alot of attention in the train some must be thinking that I'm a wierdo. So be it, if doing good is like a wierdo I'll be a wierdo. The joy of helping even though it is some small task but it gives you the feeling that your kindness is overflowing. That moment of joy still lingers in me even at the peak of my work today.

If you ignore everything that pass by which you could give a helping hand, you definitely missing out alot. Its just something simple and it wouldn't be more than the time you spend dreaming. Now start taking your hands out of your pocket and do good. You get a lot more attention this way compare to playing cool in the train. The joy of helping and being appreciated is more than those sinful moments, it is a different type of joy.

-We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

0 comments:

Post a Comment